July 11, 2015

ARC Review --> Hell or High Water (Deep Six, #1) by Julie Ann Walker



Title: Hell or High Water (Deep Six, #1)
Author: Julie Walker
Release Date: Out Now
Publisher:Sourcebooks Casablanca 







*Synopsis*
In a world on the brink...

Six men. One sunken Spanish galleon. Millions in gold and silver coins lying on the ocean floor. And a past that refuses to let the guys of Deep Six Salvage forget the Navy SEAL motto: the only easy day was yesterday...

There's more than one kind of treasure...

The nation's security has always been CIA agent Olivia Mortier's top priority. But a mission-gone-wrong has begun to make her wonder if there's more to life than risking hers.

And more than one secret at the bottom of the sea...

Only two things could make Leo Anderson abandon his hunt for the legendary lost ship, La Santa Christina, and return to the world of weapons and warfare he swore to leave behind: a capsule of enriched uranium, lost on the ocean floor, and a plea for assistance from the one woman he can't seem to forget...


description 
*ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for honest review*
description


I’m a sucker for Julies’s books. I love Military romance and the fact that some of her heroes are ex-military really hits the mark.

Hell or High Water was an enjoyable read. I loved the action, which I actually really only thought that them looking for the treasure would have been center plot it wasn’t. It was second, which I loved.

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the plot and characters. I loved the adventure you go on with Leo and Olivia and the rest of Deep Six.

This book was action packed: boats blowing up, shooting, swimming, really there was just a little bit of everything going on. And it was fast paced.

I also love how she has the main characters pov but she also has points of view from the Antagonist along with the next set of characters for the next book.

One thing did bother me about this book. Olivia couldn’t handle the violence of her job and I felt that she should have. Don’t get me wrong, I still loved her character, but as an active CIA agent that has been in the field and seen things I would expect her to handle it better.

Overall, I loved this book. It has great characters, secondary characters, great plot, action-packed, and fast paced.

Happy Reading!


*Purchase Links*



No comments:

Post a Comment