October 21, 2015

ARC Review --> His Fantasy Girl (Things to do Before You Die, #1) by Nina Croft



Title: His Fantasy Girl
Series: Things to do Before You Die, #1
Author: Nina Croft
Release Date: October 19, 2015
Publisher: Entangled Brazen



*******
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

When fantasy and reality collide...

There's nothing like a near death experience to make a guy reassess his life. And that's exactly what nightclub owner Logan McCabe decides to do, starting with looking up the girl he spent one wild night with eleven years ago, right before his life turned to crap. He spent a year fantasizing about her. Now he's ready to see how reality matches up.

Abigail Parker is a perfectionist. She's only strayed from the straight and narrow once in her life, on her eighteenth birthday. It was supposed to be one wild night with a totally unsuitable man before she settled into her sensible future. Instead it changed her life forever.

Logan might still be the sexiest man Imogen has ever seen, but a dirty-talking, tattooed, ex-con is the last thing she needs in her perfect life. He claims she's his fantasy girl, but what he doesn't
know is she's also the mother of his ten-year old daughter...
 *******

I really enjoyed His Fantasy Girl by Nina Croft. I will say that I’ve read almost all if not all of her entangled books and I have really enjoyed them. Some I like better than others. But I’ve never hated one so far.
I really liked the blurb for this book. It’s what got me wanting to read it.
I did enjoy it. I didn’t think it was one of her better books. It seemed that all they done together in this book was have sex. I really wished we would have had more interaction between them outside the sheets. I wanted to see them interact with each other after eleven years of not seeing each other. It just seems like they didn’t really get to know each other at all. And you didn’t really see any character development either.
I did like the scene were Logan was with Jenny (the daughter) but there wasn’t a lot of those either.
**SPOILER ALERT**
Something that I really did like was what Abby’s mom done. I really did like her. I mean I still do, I just don’t; agree the choices she made at the end of the book. And that that was going back to Abby’s father. When Abby was pregnant he wanted her to get an abortion but she wouldn’t. Her mom finally stood up to him and was on Abby’s side. But in the book she decides to go back to him. Maybe if we would have gotten a scene with him in it to explain his reasons then maybe I would have felt different about his choices, but we didn’t. So it still stands that I don’t like him.
**END OF SPOILER**
Overall, I did like it. But I also felt it had too many sexy scenes. I wish it would have focused more on the couple and daughter than what it did.
I will be reading the next book in the series because I am curious as to who it’ll be.

*******




No comments:

Post a Comment