April 14, 2015

ARC Review --> The Truth about Jack by Jody Gehrman



Title: The Truth About Jack
Author: Jody Gehrman
Series: ?
Published Date: April 14, 2015
Rating: 2 stars

Publisher: Entangled Crush
 

Synopsis



Dakota McCloud has just been accepted into a prestigious art school. Soon she'll leave behind the artists' colony where she grew up―hippie dad, tofu since birth, yurt―and join her boyfriend and best friend on the East Coast. It was the plan…until Dakota finds out her boyfriend and best friend hooked up behind her back.

Hurt and viciously betrayed, Dakota pours out her heart on a piece of paper, places it in a bottle, and hurls it into the ocean. But it doesn't quite go where she expects…

Jack Sauvage finds the bottle washed up on the shore and responds to Dakota's letter. Except what if his straight-laced life doesn’t jive with the free-spirited girl he’s only seen from afar? As Jack creates a persona he believes she’ll love, they slowly fall for each other with each new letter. Now Jack is trying to find a way to make this delicate, on-paper romance happen in real life…without revealing his deception.




Purchase Links

description

*ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for honest review*

description

My Thoughts…
I was really disappointed in this book. I did not like the main characters at all. Dakota, the MC, I don’t really think she knew what she wanted half of the dang time.Sure, sometimes that's OK, but it just didn't work for me in this book. I did not like some of the choices she made. I didn’t connect with her at all. I honestly didn’t get her connect with Jack. I didn’t feel it as I was reading. And I like to see that on the pages as I read. But, it wasn’t. I didn’t really like the fact that she lived in an artist colony. I actually found that to be weird. This book was a struggle the whole way through. I also found it boring. Not much really happened. And Dakota not going to RISD (Rhode Island School of Design) because of her break up with Cody. Well first off, I would never let a boys betrayal decide if I would go to a school or not. I just think that was a stupid reason as for her not to go.
As for her best friend. I hated her too. Your best friend would never try to take your boyfriend away from you. So, in my book she really wasn’t her best friend.
And Jack, well like Dakota, I found that I didn’t like him either. He was just awful. He was a boring and a whimp MC. He honestly lacked everything I would want in a MC. Not much else I can say. He didn’t do anything for himself. He waited until someone pushed him to do it. And even then, he still didn’t want to do.
The Plot…
The plot wasn’t so much as an issue as was the characters. The only saving grace this book had was Joaquin and Attila. I liked them better than the other characters but I didn’t love them. They were nothing special about them, but I liked Joaquin I found him to be kind of funny and the same goes for Attila.

Overall thoughts…
I love the cover of this book. I think it’s pretty. But the book its self I did not like. I honestly just found it boring. I didn’t like the characters and well, it was lacking something-characters, good plot, are some of the things that come to mind. I would honestly probably not recommend this book. Some people might enjoy, some might even love it but I did not.
The one thing I can say is girls; don’t let boys dictate big choices in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment