April 16, 2015

ARC Review --> Ten Days in Tuscany (Men of Zodiac, #4) by Annie Seaton


Title: Ten Days in Tuscany
Author: Annie Seaton
Series: Men of Zodiac, #4
Release Date: April 14, 2015
Publisher: Entangledà Indulgence 



Synopsis


One lie will ruin everything…

Gia Carelli waits tables in her small Tuscan village, dreaming of a life in which her overbearing family allows her to move to Florence to pursue art. Everyone expects her to marry a nice local boy and raise a horde of bambini, but when a gorgeous, wealthy stranger visits, Gia wonders if maybe her stars are about to change.

Nic Baldini has returned to his Tuscan Villa for a much-needed break from the responsibilities of his powerful family. Struck by local artist Gia Carelli's raw talent and passion, he finds himself wanting to help her...and lies about his identity in order to gain her trust. But as their patron-protegée relationship is quickly eclipsed by desire, Nic realizes that one tiny lie could cost him the woman he's falling for


description

*ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for honest review* Thank You!

description

3.5 stars

I really liked this sweet love story that took place in Tuscany. I will admit I don’t read a lot of books set in different countries, but this one I could just picture the scenery as it was described.
I liked Gia and Nic. I thought that their characters were great together. Although, I did like them, I also had a few issues with both of them. They were small, sorta, but they also made me like the book less.
First off, Gia really needed to stand up to her family. I can’t tell you how many times I just wanted to hit her in the head tell her to take charge of her own life. And when she finally does it pretty well too late because you don’t actually get to see how they will react to that.
And the thing with Nic that I did not like was how he handled some things. Let’s just say that at the end of the book it should have been him begging for her back and not her being the one apologizing to him. So, yes, the ending was not my favorite. I could have been better.

And another thing that I would have probably liked more about the book would have been if it was just about maybe her wanting her own restaurant or something like that. I’ll be honest here; I don’t really know anything about painting. It doesn’t interest me in the least. So yeah, maybe setting this book around something else besides panting or art work I might have liked the book more than I did. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed this book, I enjoyed Nic and Gia (Mostly) but I think with a different plot besides painting I could have enjoyed this more, but then maybe not? Who knows?

Overall thoughts…
Overall I was a pretty solid book. Sure, it could of have a few improvements but overall I enjoyed. I mean I was set in Tuscany. Who would not enjoy read a book set there? I did. The question is would I recommend this book? The answer would be yes. I had a few problems with the book but overall I enjoyed. I loved where it was set in Tuscany. And I felt like I could picture being there when they would describe something. Sweet romance with some conflict set in Tuscany. If that sounds like something you would be interest in then, well go purchase this book. Happy Reading ~M


No comments:

Post a Comment