March 23, 2014

Review: Changing Course by Aly Martinez

 Title: Changing Course
Author: Aly Martinez
Release Date: Out Now
Goodreads Description: 

I met Sarah Kate Erickson when I was twenty-one years old. I was lucky enough to keep her for seven years before a tragic accident stole her from me. She didn’t die, but sometimes I think it would have been easier if she had. 

I lived in a haze for those four years after the accident. Catering to her every need, even though she hated the very sight of my face. I tried to hold on to her and the future that we were supposed to build together. But you can’t hold on to someone that doesn’t exist anymore.

It wasn’t until I met Jesse Addison, a barista at the local coffee shop, that I realized I didn’t just lose Sarah that tragic night, I lost myself as well. Jesse taught me how to let go of the past and learn to love again. But what happens when your past haunts your present and the woman you used to love refuses to accept the woman you can’t live without?

**Intended for readers 18+. Each book in this series can be read as a standalone.


*Review*


*slight spoilers!*

I thought the book was okay. I really had issues with Brett and Jesse. Brett was a total idiot. I understand that he wanted to be their for his wife, but after so much, he needs to know when it's been enough. He always picked Sarah over Jesse. I was really hoping he would get his act together, but that just did not happen. Jesse, on the other hand was always apologizing when it wasn't even her fault. She let Brett get away with to much and she immediately took him back. She really needed to stand up for her self. After Him calling her "Sarah" I really would have been Pissed. She always let him off the hook. It really made me mad. I would of been pissed for a while. She was mad maybe 5 minutes if that. I didn't like it. She should of stood up for herself.

I really HATED his wife. At first I did feel sorry for her, but when she came to where Jesse worked, that's when I really started to dislike her. She was just awful. I really didn't like her through the flashback either. 

 Now, there were times that I did enjoy the book. I thought some parts were funny.

I liked Caleb and can't wait for his book...


*3.5 Stars*

No comments:

Post a Comment