February 10, 2015

ARC Review --> The Penhouse Prince by Virginia Nelson

Title : The Penthouse Prince
Author: Virginia Nelson
Series: N/A
Release Date: February 9, 2015
Page count :~189 (According to Goodreads)
*ARC provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for honest review*

Synopsis

Single mom Jeanie Long was trying to save her butt at work by reporting her manager to the company owner. Instead, she finds herself greeted warmly by gorgeous company CEO Camden James...and introduced to his father as his fiancée. Now she's been hired—complete with a hefty pay raise—to be the fake fiancée of the infamous “Penthouse Prince.”
Camden doesn't believe in love. He believes in mutually beneficial business arrangements. With his real fiancée off cheating on him, Camden needs someone to help him prove to his father that he's definitely ready to marry. Yet Jeanie's combination of beauty and bluntness act like an aphrodisiac, and their “for the press” kisses look incredibly real. So real that Jeanie and Camden are either really convincing actors...or they've fallen for their own charade.

My Review
 


*ARC Provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for honest review*
3 stars
Well, this book wasn’t bad. But, I didn’t like it as much as I wished I would have.
Not much really happened between Camden and Jeanie. Not much that kept my interest I should say.
I honestly didn’t like where Jeanie kept changing her mind about what she wanted/thought she should do. I just wasn’t really feeling most of her decisions she made.
I wished I would have connected to the characters more and got to actually see them interact with the illusions of their deal. I would have liked to see them go on dates and actually get to know one another.
Camden, I did like for the most part. He had his moments, but overall he was a good character.

Overall thoughts…
I would have liked to see the characters interact with each other more than what they did. It seemed that the focus was only on their arrangement and I wanted to get to know them better outside of it.  I think that if you want a fast read with a heroine changing her mind every two seconds then this book would be a good start.

add to Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment