December 2, 2014

Review--> Vision of Darkness by Tonya Burrows

Title: Vision of Darkness (D.I.E. Squadron, #1)
Author: Tonya Burrows
Release Date: December 1, 2014
*ARC provided by the Author in exchange for honest review* Thank You Tonya!



Synopsis
A beacon of light...
Undercover DEA agent Alex Brennan doesn’t believe in the paranormal, despite the exhausting nightmares that reveal things he shouldn’t know. When sleep deprivation causes him to make a horrible mistake on the job, he is driven to find answers. Dreams guide him to a lighthouse in Three Churches, Maine, where he finds an inexplicable and comforting familiarity in the arms of the lighthouse’s beautiful keeper, Pru Maddox.

A whisper of memory…

Deadly misfortune has long plagued Pru’s family, the result of a curse “The Green Lady” placed on the lighthouse. Skeptical, Alex searches for less ghostly explanations, though he can’t deny that the town has had more than its fair share of disappearances, suicides, and accidents. As their passion simmers, Alex digs deeper, and his dreams turn violent, frightening, and very real.

A vision of darkness...

To keep Pru safe, Alex must embrace his abilities and unravel the lighthouse’s mystery. Except someone—or something—wants the past to stay buried...and will do anything to keep it that way.
 
 add to Goodreads / Amazon


Review

4 stars

If you haven’t picked up a paranormal book before, then I suggest you start with this book.


Honestly, at first I thought the book was kinda slow. I even put it down for a few days. But after you get past the first few chapters, the book picks up.
I loved her other books. So, I figured I would like this one to, and I did. What got my attention was the synopsis. It being about a haunted light house and having former military men starring in it. Yeah, that had me sold. Well I just couldn’t pass it up.
I really enjoyed it. At times Pru was a little airheaded, but I still found her enjoyable. Alex, well I enjoyed him too. I actually liked all of the characters and I’m excited to get the rest of the guy’s stories.
Honestly, if you paranormal ghost stories then I really think you should give this book a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment