December 14, 2014

Review: Taking Control by Nina Croft

Title: Taking Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #3)
Author: Nina Croft
Release Date: December 15, 2014

add to Goodreads
Pre-Order on Amazon
Pre-Order on B&N



Synopsis
A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint... Why play nice when you can be naughty? Jessica Bauer is aces when it comes to security, but the PR side? Not so much. Now she has a chance to take over Knight Securities―if she plays nice with the next client. Unfortunately, that client happens to be Declan McCabe. And it's too bad someone wants him dead, because after he broke her heart ten years ago, Jessica would have cheerfully murdered him herself. Declan has taken his dad's not-so-reputable company and turned it around, and in the process, he's attracted the attention of some vicious killers. The only perk is being reunited with Jessica, who Declan still wants so much he can barely see straight. But Jessica has a plan of her own. She'll protect Declan. She'll have unbelievably hot sex with him.  And when the job is finished, she'll move on. Except that this time, Declan isn't so willing to walk away...




My Review
3.5 stars

*ARC provided by Entangled Publishing in exchange for honest review*

I liked the first two books, but this one wasn’t as good as the first two.
What I like about this series is that it’s the woman protecting the man. Usually it’s the other way around. I really liked that.
However, I did like Jessica. I liked that she was bossy, didn’t take any shit and she was in the Army.
Declan, I did like him too. But he was a lot like other hero characters. The rich millionaire/Manwhore.

So one of my problems with the books was not much of anything happened through the book. 

Something happens at the beginning, then nothing in the middle, and a very easy resolved ending. I like books where things happen all through it.

Overall: I can only say that I liked it. Didn’t love it nor did I hate it. Just liked it. 

Recommended: Yes, if you have read the two previous books then yes, I would read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment