August 4, 2014

Review --> Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Title: Across the Universe
Author: Beth Revis
Series: Across the Universe, #1
Rating: 4 stars
Amazon / B&N / Goodreads

*Synopsis*

A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder.... 

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, 300 years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end 50 years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules. 

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next. 

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

             
--Review--

                                       4 stars


So, I can see why everyone is gushing about this book.I knew I wanted to read it as soon as I read the blurb about it. I thought Across the Universe was a great book. It was written very well and I like everything about it. I love space books. Absolutely love them. I also like how the author created new technology, along with how she describes things.

So, you’re probably wondering why I only rated it 4 stars even though I was gushing about how awesome the book was? Well it's because the first part of the book was a little slow , for me atleast. I was wanting answers... Okay, so maybe i was a little inpatient, but how could I not be? The book sucks you in and you are wanting to know what the heck is going on. The last part of the book is where it really gets good. More of the story is introduced.


I so recommend this series to sci-fi lovers.

*Other book’s in the Series*



A Million Suns 
(Across the Universe, #2)


















Shades of Earth 
(Across the Universe, #3) 

No comments:

Post a Comment