May 8, 2014

Review: One Night With a Cowboy by Elizabeth Otto





Title: One Night With a Cowboy (Paint Rive Ranch, #2)
Author: Elizabeth Otto
Release Date: May 12, 2014
Rating : 3.5 - 4 stars
*Synopsis*
Jobless, broke, and struggling to support herself and her 
invalid mother, paramedic Sophie Miller doesn’t have time 
or energy for a relationship. Especially with her mother’s clock ticking down. So when the sexy cowboy she meets at a carnival proposes a no-strings, one-night stand, she’s all over it. Until her one-night stand shows up again and turns out to be everything she’s ever wanted.  Tucker Haywood has his hands full running Paint River Ranch and trying to deal with all the changes pulling the rug out from under him. His past has taught him it’s better to keep women at arm’s length, for their sake. Stubborn and temperamental, Tucker doesn’t have a clue how to deal with a city girl who’s scared of squirrels and dirt.  So when Sophie gets under his skin, he has to do whatever it takes to push her away. Even if it means losing the part of himself he never thought he’d find.

Add to Goodreads

*Review*

*eARC from Entangled Publishing*

I loved the first book in this series. I rated it 5 stars. This book wasn't as good to me. I rated it 3.5 stars but I rounded up to 4 stars.

At the Beginning of the book i was actually really enjoying it. I liked Sophie, although I thought she should of stood up to her sister and not taken her shit. But as the story progressed, Sophie would occasionally get on my Nerves. It usually had to do with her relationship with Tucker. Tucker, Yes he sounds like the perfect guy, but in reality he doesn't want a relationship he just wants one night stands. Yet with Sophie he can tell its different, but he was a stubborn ass and pushed her away. I was really hoping that they would have some cute moments in the book where they were actually a couple and would go out and have a nice date or something. But that didn't happen. 

I think the thing that made me rate it 4 stars was the way Tucker kept pushing Sophie away. It really made me mad. I also didn't like the   ending. I like for the guy to go to the girl after the big fight right before the ending. That didn't happen. And it was his fault.

Can't wait to read book 3, which is Levi's book...

*4 stars*

*Other books in the series*


  • Tempting the Cowboy - Rated : 5 stars  Goodreads
 



No comments:

Post a Comment