December 31, 2016

ARC Review --> The Detective's Trust (Brother's in Blue, #2) by K. Langston

Title: The Detective's Trust
Series: Brother's in Blue. #2
Author: K. Langston
Release Date: December 31
Synopsis
SIX BROTHERS

EACH HOLDING A DIFFERENT BADGE OF THE LAW

EACH SWORN TO SERVE AND PROTECT

trust; firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. 

LAPD Detective Reid Cunningham is content to keep the pain of losing his best friend buried deep. Dedicated to his job, he doesn’t have time to feel. 

Much less love. 

But when the past comes knocking at his door, he has no choice but to face his deepest and darkest fear. 

Cassidy Sky, his best friend’s little sister, needs his help. Reid promised to watch over her and keep her safe, but he never planned on giving her his heart. 

Or his trust.


PLEASE NOTE: The author recommends reading The Officer’s Promise, an introduction to the Brothers in Blue, prior to reading the remaining five books of the series. 

The Detective's Trust is written from dual POV, with an HEA and no cheating.
Review | 4 Stars
I love this series. I really enjoyed the characters and the plot. The characters were refreshing and just enjoyable to read about. I really enjoyed the suspense of the book too. Wondering what was going to happen. It definitely kept my attention.
I loved how protective read was. I also liked that he was conflicted about his feelings too for his best friends little sister. But I enjoyed the way things turned out.
I loved how Cassidy was in love with her brothers best friend. Who doesn't love Book like that? I loved that she new what she wanted, but Reid was being the difficult one.
I am wondering about her best friend. Is she getting a book?
Overall, this was a great suspense novella. I thought it was the perfect length and had just the right amount of romance and suspense. Can't wait for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment