September 10, 2015

ARC Review --> His Lover To Protect (Out of Uniform, #3) by Katee Robert



Title: His Lover to Protect
Series: Out of Uniform, #3
Author: Katee Robert
Release Date: Available Now
Publisher: Entangled Brazen





*Synopsis*

He's never met a challenge he couldn't take...

Alexis Yeung did everything right....only to watch everything go horribly, horribly wrong. Broken and angry, Alexis high-tails it to Europe, determined to face the world on her own terms and without consequence. Which includes a mind-blowing night with a sexy, scarred stranger.

Except, embittered former pararescuer Luke Jackson isn't exactly a stranger. He's supposed to keep an eye on Alexis without her knowing. Ending up in bed together was definitely not the plan. Now he's chasing her (admittedly hot) ass across Europe, a game of cat and mouse that always ends with the two of them tangled up in the sheets.

Something in their scarred, damaged souls calls to each other. And God help them, the sex in unbelievably hot. But if Alexis discovers who Luke really is, he'll lose the one thing that makes him feel whole...




*Review*



3.25-3.5 stars!



His Lover to Protect was a good addition to the rest of the series. His one was Alexis Yeung and Luke Jackson which we meet in the previous books.
After all of the tragic things Alexis has suffered, she travels to Europe to get away from everything.
While out one night, she meets a guy named Luke. Luke is friends with Ryan, the guy from the first book.
Luke is tasked with watching over Alexis while she’s on her vacation, because her family thinks she can’t take care of herself.
While traveling across Europe, Luke and Alexis find they are attracted to each other and then they final do act on.
But, of course, Luke hasn’t been honest with Alexis and when Alexis finds out what Luke was hiding things get interesting.

I did like this book. I thought that Alexis and Luke were cute together, and yeah they had chemistry. But, I didn’t like how Luke didn’t tell Alexis who he really was. And you know that that is going to cause unnecessary drama.
While I didn’t like that, what I did like was how they hated each other at first. And yeah obviously they get over it. I also liked how they could tease each other too. And I liked how it was cute, but Alexis and Luke could burn up the sheets.
I would give this book a 3.25 to possibly a 3.5 stars. I liked it but I didn’t love it. It was cute and hot at times, and the characters went thought some rough times, but it didn’t really tug at my heart like I thought it would.
If you read the previous books in the series, then I know you want to know about Alexis just like I was. So yes, I say go for and pick this book up.





*Purchase Links*


No comments:

Post a Comment