August 11, 2015

ARC Review --> Falling for the P.I. (Still Harbor, #1) by Victoira James



Title: Falling for the PI
Series: Still Harbor, #1
Release Date: August 11, 2015
Publisher: Entangled Bliss



Synopsis
She could never trust a cop...

Teacher Kate Abbott's fresh start in Still Harbor was the beginning of the life that she and her two best friends always imagined for themselves. Still, being a working single parent of a special needs daughter hasn't exactly improved Kate's love life. But Kate's preference for nachos over men quickly disappears when she meets the oh-so-sexy Matt Lane.

Until she finds out he's a cop.

Matt is a former cop-turned-private investigator, and he knows fear when he sees it. A cop clearly spooked Kate...or hurt her. Still, something about the gorgeous professor catches his attention, and despite his "no settling down" policy, he can't resist her. But all of the attraction in the world won't be enough to overcome Kate's past..
 
description 

*ARC provided by the publisher in exchange for honest review* Thank You!

description 

3.75 Stars

I think that by now it’s obvious that I love Victoria James. She can write some of the cutest love stories ever. I loved Red River series and her Tall Pines Ranch series. After reading those series, she’s on my auto buy list.
Falling for the PI is a cute book (I wouldn’t expect anything less at this point from her). I loved how she done the family dynamic in this series. Kate, the MC, you learn was placed in a group home after her family was tragically taken away from her. There she meets her two “sisters”, Alex and Cara. When the three sisters get older they decided to more in together with their adopted children. Kate adopts Janie, who has Down syndrome. You will find out why Janie has such a special place in Kate’s heart and I couldn’t love the reason any more. I loved that their not related but that doesn’t mean that their not family. I liked that this book shows that just because they’re not blood doesn’t mean they’re not family.

And I really liked Matt. He’s awesome. He’s a character that I really liked reading about. I also love how he is with his family and the way he is with Janie.

I did rate this book 3.75 stars only because of Kate. There is a particular scene where the three of them (Kate, Janie, and Matt) are out and somethings happen and Matt defends Janie. I loved what Matt done. I loved that he stood up for her. However, I didn’t like the way Kate reacted to what he done. I thought it was sweet as heck. There is just some small things like that that got annoying sometimes. But other than that, it was a definitely cute book.

I’m really excited for the next book in the Still Harbor series. I loved that this particular book took place during the fall. It was just so darn cute. If you liked her other series, then this one will be no exception.

 

*Purchase Links*

No comments:

Post a Comment