January 7, 2017

ARC Review --> Worth the Wait (McKinney/Walker, #1) by Claudia Connor

Title: Worth The Wait
Series: McKinney/Walker, #1)
Author: Claudia Connor
Release Date: January 10, 2017

Synopsis 
He broke her heart. When he finds out just how badly, it will break his too. 
Nick Walker found the love of his life when he was just nineteen. Found her. Loved her. Lost her. It's been ten years since Nick watched the only woman he ever loved walk out of his life. Now this FBI Special Agent will do anything to win her back. But it won’t be easy… Mia’s heart was shattered by Nick. They'll have to face their painful past if they want a future, including Mia's own secret about that day it all fell apart.  Do you believe in second chances? 
Review | 3.5 stars
I have mixed feelings about Worth the Wait. I was pretty excited for Nick and Mia's book. Somethings I liked and some not so much.
I loved how devoted Nick was to Mia from when he very first met her. I liked that they took their time to get to know each other first. I just really enjoyed reading about Nick and Mia's earlier days. Nick was such a sweetheart.
I loved how Nick stepped up and took care of his siblings at the young age of 19. I loved how Mia became like their mom. And I loved how she was with Hannah.
Things I didn't care for...
I hated the lost time Nick and Mia had. I understood Nicks pain, but in the end he should have listened to Mia.
I hated how after they broke up Nick slept with other woman and Mia didn't move on at all. I hated that. It's always the woman waiting for the freaking man. It should have been the other way around or they both could have moved on a little. This was probably my biggest issue I had.
This book is sort of slow. It's not like the other ones. It's told mostly in the present but you will get flash backs of their days together.
Overall, I decided to rate it a 3.5 because I didn't love it nor did I hate it. I hated that Mia was the one who waited the whole time for Nick. I wished she would have gotten a boyfriend or something. I hate when the authors make the woman wait for the man like that. It makes the woman seem pathetic and I didn't think Mia was like that. I loved her for the most part. She was like a mom to Nicks younger siblings. Especially Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment