February 4, 2016

Book Tour--> Fighting Solitude (On The Ropes, #3) by Aly Martinez






I was born a fighter. Abandoned by my parents, I spent my life forging my own path—one guided by my fists and paved with pain.
Untouchable in the ring, I destroyed everyone who faced me, but that’s where my victories ended. Outside the ropes, I repeatedly failed the few people who loved me. Including my best friend, Liv James—the one person I’d die to protect.
Even though I didn’t deserve her, Liv never stopped believing in me. Never gave up. Never let go. After all, she understood what I’d lost, because she’d lost it too.
Liv was everything to me, but she was never truly mine.
That was going to change.
I lost my first love, but I refused to lose my soulmate.
Now, I’m on the ropes during the toughest battles of my life.
Fighting to be the man she deserves.
Fighting the solitude of our pasts.
Fighting for her.


   

Fighting Solitude is Book Three in the On The Ropes Series by Aly Martinez and is Quarry’s highly anticipated story.

Now Available!
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1NU89lo

**Each book in the series can be read as a standalone**

3.5 stars, because of my personal preference.
If you don't really like when the main charater had a girlfriend that was basically perfect and all of a sudden dies and then gets with his other best friend that has loved him since they were little, then you probably will not love this book. But if those are your favorites to read then you will probably love this book. Unfortunately, I'm one of the one that don't like it when the guy had a perfect girlfriend that he was in love with. I'm well aware that that was going to be in this book, but i was still curious about Q and wanted to know. And I'm glad i did read this. I don't regret that.
That was my only problem with the book.


This is actually a hard review for me to write. I really liked the book, but the thing I struggled with is the “perfect dead girlfriend/bestfriend”.
I’ve loved the other books in this series and I did like this book too, but I had a problem with Mia.
I don’t like books where the guy or the girl was in a previous relationship and all of a sudden their girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband suddenly dies. I’m just not a fan of these. And yes, I knew going into this book that Quarry was with Mia but I still wanted to give it a shot. And I did. I didn’t hate it but I also didn’t love it because of the issue I had.
When I’m reading a book like this, the thing that keeps popping in my head is if the boyfriend or girlfriend were still alive then you would still be with them. Which were my thoughts with Quarry and Liv. If Mia were still alive he would still be with her. And Liv would still be in love with her bestfriend. I kind of wish that Q wasn’t in love with Mia, that would have solved my issue, but I realize that that’s the point in this book. It’s the storyline.I know my thoughts are kind of irrational, but I can’t help it. It’s just the way it is. I actually like the books where they hate their spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend.  And it’s usually something keeping them together.
I really liked that Quarry wasn’t comparing Liv and Mia. It was more Liv comparing herself, which really didn’t help my case either. And Q was such a sweetheart with both, that you can’t really help but like him. And Q and Liv did have some cute moments. I really thought they worked well together. Better than Mia and Q anyways. So, I know it feels like I am hating on Mia right now. I’m not. All I’m saying is she would have been a good friend or something for them, but I would have liked for her to be paired with some else if she were to have lived.
I loved seeing all of the other characters plus some from her Wrecked and Ruined series.
Aly writes well developed characters and I’m sure a lot of people will love this book, but as I said, I didn’t like the perfect dead girlfriend/bestfriend. That’s just my preference.
I am glad that I did read this. Now I know. I have been interested about Quarry’s book for a while now. And I’m glad I got answers.
Till is still my favorite! And I am looking forward to more of Aly’s books.


 

                                             


Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five, including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.
After some encouragement from her friends, Aly decided to add “Author” to her ever-growing list of job titles. Five books later, she shows no signs of slowing. So grab a glass of Chardonnay, or a bottle if you’re hanging out with Aly, and join her aboard the crazy train she calls life.

 STALK HER: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

****GIVEAWAY****
$50 (Winners Choice) Book Retailer Gift Card


No comments:

Post a Comment