October 26, 2014

Review: Earth & Sky by Megan Crewe

Title: Earth & Sky (Earth & Sky, #1)
Author: Megan Crewe
Release Date: October 28, 2014
Rating: 2 Stars
Goodreads / 
Synopsis
Seventeen-year-old Skylar has been haunted for as long as she can remember by fleeting yet powerful sensations that something is horribly wrong. But despite the panic attacks tormenting her, nothing ever happens, and Sky’s beginning to think she’s crazy. Then she meets a mysterious, otherworldly boy named Win and discovers the shocking truth her premonitions have tapped into: our world no longer belongs to us. For thousands of years, Earth has been at the mercy of alien scientists who care nothing for its inhabitants and are using us as the unwitting subjects of their time-manipulating experiments. Win belongs to a rebel faction seeking to put a stop to it, and he needs Skylar’s help--but with each shift in the past, the very fabric of reality is unraveling, and soon there may be no Earth left to save.

*ARC from Netgalley in exchange for honest review*

My Review
I’m not sure I can say something about this book that hasn't already been said. I thought that it was boring. I didn’t like the characters. I couldn’t even connect with Skylar.

The plot sounded interesting, which is what got my attention in the first place. But, when I actually started reading, I found that the pacing was kinda slow, the characters I didn’t like and I was just bored through most of the book.

There was some action,  people dying, but that still wasn't enough to hold my attention. 

Skylar, the main character, just wanted to do things her way, or no way. And honestly that got aggravating. And Win, was always lying because he thought it was safer for Skylar. Usually, I at least like one of the characters. In this one I did not.
There is a little tiny bit of romance. Not even remotely what I like in a book. I found that I could really care less what actually happens in the rest of the books.
Overall, I thought this was a disappointment. I will most likely not read the rest of the trilogy. Not wasting my time.

1 star for effort and 1 star because the first little-I do mean little bit, the book keep my attention.



No comments:

Post a Comment